Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 2, 2009 Olivia Faith Is Here!!!

Ok, so I hate my pictures being taken but this was June 1st and the last day I thought I would be pregnant so we had to show what 28 weeks of bed rest does to a person. Trust me, it's not something I recommend! Needless to say, mommy will be living at the gym for the next year.

For those of you who don't know our story, let me fill you in. Because I have an imcompetent cervix (a condition where your cervix opens prematurely because of the weight of the baby) which has caused two of our babies to be born too premature to survive, I was placed on bed rest when I was seven weeks pregnant. At twelve weeks I had surgery where they placed a cerclage (basically they stitched my cervix closed).


After many long months in bed my cerclage was removed at 36 weeks. Because I was really having a tough time physically as well as emotionally and because I have such an awesome doctor who is very understanding, I was scheduled on June 1st for an amnio to see if Olivia's lungs were mature enough to induce labor that same day. We were disappointed when the test came back that we would have to wait awhile longer.


The next morning, June 2nd at our doctors office we were informed that a second test was run and that her lungs were indeed developed and induction was safe. So, off to the hospital we went....well, things actually didn't go that smooth but I won't bore you with the details.

Induction started at 1:45 p.m. on June 2nd and by 10:45 p.m. I had only dilated from 3 to 6! Imagine that, all that time trying to keep my cervix from opening and then when we wanted it to it wouldn't! So, off we went to the operating room for my second C-Section. We felt so blessed by God that he kept our little Olivia safe, the doctor informed us that it was a very good thing we did a C-Section because the cord was wrapped around her neck twice and then around her shoulders.....I guess she was trying to be like her brother.


Olivia Faith Liggett made her way into this world at 11:46 p.m. June 2nd. Weighing 6 pounds 8 ounces and 17 1/2 inches....(this is a poor subject with dad though, he is determined the lady measured wrong because when we got home he did his own measuring and came up with 18 3/4 inches).





Big Brother holds her for the first time! He has been pretty taken with her.



















Then it was Kristian's turn. She's already begging to babysit.....uh, not quite yet!




Emily was so overwhelmed with emotions that she couldn't stop crying.....she just kept saying "she's so cute and we get to take her home".......what a sweetie!

1 comment:

Lacie and Stephen said...

Olivia is a beautiful girl with a wonderful Mommy and Daddy and some great siblings. We are so happy for you and look forward to future playdates!

In Him,
Lacie, Stephen and Jesstine